Sunday, March 24, 2013

Vintage Inspiration at Whimzy!



Today was a perfect California spring day! I decided to hit my favorite flea market in Tustin to do a little treasure hunting! For me, looking at all the little treasures gets my wheels churning. Imagining all the possibilities for giving these little treasures a new life.  When I am creatively stuck I often head over to my favorite antique stores. Today I was just going to enjoy a little sunshine and browse. I have been keeping a little mental list of things I would like to find when out treasure hunting and today was the day! I found everything on my list. I had been wanting a little 1950 bluebird and there she sat in a darling little stall just calling my name. I also found a little pocket shrine statue, two casket style jewelry boxes, four vintage hankies in pink, a hand carved wooden duck body, a composition doll with it's original outfit, vintage eyelet trim and of course my sweet little bird.  Well, the duck body was not on my list but it is really cool and only one dollar! I think she might need a doll head and some wheels. Because everything is more fun with doll parts and wheels!




Then all of the sudden appeared on of my other desires! Vintage hat stands like the type that would have been used in a store. I scored four of them. I was giddy to say the least. In my excitement I rushed over to show my hubby. His response was "those are really dirty". Ok maybe he does not always see what I see but,  I am so lucky that he supports my vision even when he does not get it! He loves vintage but he really only speaks Vespa!

1 comment:

  1. Wooohoooo! Way to go! I know that giddy feeling all too well! I think I've been to that flea while in CA and if it's the same one I'm thinking of, it is a fabulous flea! Lots of good finds at fair prices! And you really scored! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete