Thursday, August 16, 2012

Out of Chaos Comes Clarity



The past 8 months have been a roller coaster in so many ways. Despite a few health woes in the recent month, the chaos has been banished. I have reclaimed my studio and created a nice workspace for making jewelry. After six months of Murphy's law ruling the day I was really ready for change. It is interesting to look back and see that emotional clutter turned into actual clutter. My stash of treasures became unorganized and seemed to take over my work space. 

As I have moved through all life could throw at me I have grown in so many ways. I have been nesting for the last two months. Organizing my treasures and supplies, getting rid of clutter, creating a beautiful and inspiring studio, redecorating all of my living spaces. I have learned to let go. I am a control freak by nature and admitting that there are things I cannot control is hard. Letting go is also freeing. I feel a sense of calm in our home now. The spaces reflect my husband and I and the things that are important to us. 

The change has definitely freed me creatively as well. For the moment, in the shine of the zen, I am not feeling the need to add grunge and patina to everything. For the moment I just want everything to shine. We cannot control the bad things that happen in our lives but we can control our response. We turn to many things for comfort in our lives, food, wine, mementos, objects from the past that have no place in our now, weight and clutter. All of these things just get in the way.  Love yourself, live healthy, create a space that is calming and free of clutter and enjoy all the wonderful things life has to offer. You deserve it!

Next step, making more time for friendships. It is the people that we surround ourselves with that make life so rich. I am treating myself to the Winter Wonderland Affair. A long weekend of  amazing and inspiring women, art, swaps and laughter. I cannot think of a better Christmas present! If you have not been to a Kim Caldwell event perhaps this spring you can treat yourself and begin your journey! 

3 comments:

  1. Tara~ Im so glad you have taken time to regroup and refocus. Im sure this will feed your creativity immensely. I love this piece and how you spoke so candidly from your heart...its a breath of fresh air!

    Love you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Post Tara! So happy you are arriving full circle.
    I know full well, your year of trials.
    Thank you too for your friendship, it is a treasure I cherish.
    XO, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written post Tara. It held great meaning to me at this time in my life when every day seems a struggle to move on and let all that has happened these past 6 months get behind me. Everything does happen for a reason and I so need to free myself of some of this baggage
    Thanks for such an eye opening post
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete