Wednesday, September 14, 2011

One Month Until Glitterfest!!!

What will I make today??

This weekend we have our last trunk shows before November. Come Monday it is all Gliterfest. I really love getting ready for a show. It is a bit anxiety producing but oh so much fun. Today I spent most of the day assembling necklaces I had designed and set aside. I usually design and plan about 20 pieces at a time. I then bag up all the pieces and parts so they are ready to be assembled. Then I pick a put together day when I am not feeling so creative and I get to work bringing the designs to life. 

Sometimes it can be challenging trying to figure out how to rig a project. When I get stuck I set that project aside and move on to another. My sub conscience must keep problem solving for me as I always find the solution when I move on. I am super lucky to have Crystal Basica as my business partner for Serendipity Salvage. She is an amazing artist and jewelry designer (she has been making jewelry 19 years). She is a great resource for rigging ideas and finishing touches. It is great to have someone to bounce ideas off. Another way to do this is by having a craft day with a few friends. Bring out the tough project you are struggling with and get some input from other artists.   

I better get back to work!!!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment