Sunday, November 7, 2010

Treasure Hunting, Classes and Shows



My week started with another amazing class with Robin Dudley Howes! This paper shrine was so much fun to create. I learned all about the Sizzix system for die cutting paper. I had to hop on line and order one of the machines and some dies to play with.

We also learned some very basic methods for drawing on metal to emboss an image. Having never really been a scrap-booker or paper crafter, I found this class opening so many doors for creating with paper. Did I mention the dies cut fabric too?

Next it was off to Treasures and Junk in Ontario for a walk through. I always find a trinket or two there. This week I spotted a cool vintage 1963 Vespa scooter. True, it is too large to use as a pendant or a charm but soooooo cool none the less! I always leave Treasures and Junk ready to hit my studio and create.




I spent a few hours cutting things out of paper with my new Sizzix Big Shot die cut machine. Now I have some cool shapes and flourishes to incorporate into some mixed media art I have been working on for Glitterfest Spring. March 19th will be here before you know it- save the date.

Happy Creating! Next week I will give you a peek at some Christmas crafts I am working on for home decor and gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment