Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Creative Habit in 15 Minutes a Day!






All too frequently life gets in the way of our creative flow. I have had some serious down time lately with no ability to create, yet I have filled a sketch book with ideas for the moment I am back in my studio. So what has kept my juices flowing? 







I realized I developed a 15 minute habit. After surgery I could only sit and do anything for a few minutes. Out of sheer boredom I started doing some simple pen and ink drawings. That led to adding a touch of color using watercolor pencils. I enjoyed it too! 

As soon as I could manage I was back in my studio. It began as a little straightening up but turned into a real creative gold mine! 


As I sorted the bits and pieces ideas popped into my head. Because I had no to do list, my mind was allowed to wander and explore the possibilities of each little metal scrap. I was in the moment and connected to the pieces that make up my inventory. 15 minutes at a time. 


Soon I found myself creating little piles to create with.  Then, by playing with all the pretties it had transformed into actual designing. 


Take inventory, play, explore and let your mind wander through the possibilities! Just 15 minutes a day escape life and enjoy your creative brain. Soon it is a habit that will serve you well. Right now that tiny 15 minute segment is the best part of my day.  It is a habit I will keep long after my bones have mended. 

Xo
Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment