Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Time Flies When Your Having Fun!

This is the focal of a brass cuff  that I made as the class sample for Whimzy. I wanted to incorporate as many techniques as possible into one project. Creating a class project is a challenge because it is not enough to design something pretty. Students want value for the money they spend on a class. So you have to come up with something that is jam packed with skill building and techniques.

This cuff incorporates 3 techniques for adding patina, 2 techniques for distressing brass and other metals and 3 techniques for adding color. That just gets us started. Then we punch holes in metal and set a rivet by hand. And no project would be complete without adding some bling. Their are kits for each student with enough brass pieces to play with to try each technique we explore and a number of color possibilities. The combinations are endless.

We will work with a number of products that are not traditional for jewelry makers. All the more fun I say! I love adding color with alcohol inks that are usually reserved for scrap bookers. You will be pleasantly surprised at all the things you already have in your craft stash that can be used in your jewelry making. For this class you will not need to purchase a thing. I supply all the materials and pieces for the cuff and plenty of extra goodies to make it fun! I hope you can join me at Whimzy April 28th in Tustin. Perhaps a Mothers day gift or just a treat for yourself!

Please visit www.vintagewhimzy.com for all the details!

Now I have to get back to creating my spring line for Glitterfest March 10th! I have been having so much fun hunting for Serendipity Salvage and making jewelry the last couple of months have just flown by.

All the best!
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment